Thursday, May 31, 2012
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
I am officially a Makeup Forever freak. I can't wait to buy more things from them to add to my collections. And I can't wait to turn all of you into makeup forever freaks as well! This one is one of their Aqua liner's in 9. It is obviously as you can see a very bright pink. I also love this product because I love, love, love bright eyeliners! And it makes them better when they're waterproof like this one! I have lots of waterproof eyeliners, and this one isn't the most waterproof( it comes on in the shower if you rub it gently) but If you're just going swimming, or don't want it to run or come off in the hot sun then this is perfect! I love it because It works with any skin color I think, because it's so bright, and I love bright colors on lighter skin, as well as darker skin. It also has a perfect brush to apple a straight line with, and it makes it super easy to do a winged look(my favorite.) Have you guys tried any of these liners? Whats your favorite liner?
Saturday, May 26, 2012
So with me recently getting a second job(yay for working girls!), It's been hard to find time to shop. I find myself always trying to squeeze in shopping trips into my half hour free time between jobs. At one of my jobs I basically just sit at a computer all day, so when business is slow, I've been slowly adding things to my shopping list at Sephora! And the other day I thought it would be the perfect time to purchase my goodies!! Here's what I bought:
-Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray
-Dior Show Mascara Deluxe Sample
- Ciate Caviar Manicure in rainbow
- Makeup Forever Aqua Shadow in 6e
-Sephora Day to Night eyeliner in Sunburst
-MAC creamsheen lipstick in Ravishing( not from sephora)
- NARS eyeshadow duo in Mediteranee
- Makeup Forever Aqua Liner in 9 Iridescent Fuchsia
- Josie Maron Argon oil deluxe sample
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Psychedelic Sister
- L'Occitane Hand Cream in Vanilla Flower
- and a bunch of samples from Sephora!
I will slowly be making my way through all the products, but I just thought I would share my huge online haul with you guys!!
Thursday, May 17, 2012
This post is SO long overdue. Like months overdue. But I finally have time to sit down and do it. And I'm actually really excited. It reminds me of the Myspace surveys we all used to do (lol... Myspace) So anyways, enough with the blah, blah, blah.
So, I was awarded various awards from these many fine ladies. Sophia Tattooed Tea Lady, Frances Spot Of Tea, Chrissy Crash Beauty, Shoba She Shops A Lot, Amy Okaye Amy, Ashley Blush Bug, Rianne Riannes Reviews and last but not least Demi Beauty and The Mist. Gosh that was a lot of work, but definitely check out each and everyone of them because they all have awesome blogs that I love! Thank you Ladies! :) I'm gonna take a page out of Sophia'a book and do it all at once and nominate 10 bloggers overall for every award. Sooo here we go!
Versatile Blogger Award
1. I have changed what I want to do with my major and my life four times, in less than a year. Currently it's Journalism
2. I started this blog after literally having to convince myself to do it for probably a year.
3. I frequently day dream about moving to New York with my boyfriend, I basically have my whole alter-ego NY life picked out.
4. I subscribe to 5 beauty box subscriptions but so far none of them have been great enough to blog about.
5. I also read wayyy too many magazines, Glamour, Vogue, Allure, Cosmo, and I read them all. Every month.
6. I love Anderson Cooper...too much. When I'm ready to have a dog I've already decided he has to be white haired with blue eyes so his name can be Anderson. Nobody steal that!
7. I have a dream of being on the Today Show.
I still have way less than 200 hundred followers myself. So I hope this helps the people like myself!
4 Blog related Questions
1. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since March. My blog was actually up for a long while before I got the nerve to post anything. Now I feel like a natural!
2. Two Reasons you start blogging
I started blogging because all of a sudden I had what felt like this huge full towards the world of beauty. I felt like I needed to express this somehow, and wearing crazy colors and trying new things wasn't enough. I wanted to share my opinion with people, and be honest with people. The second reason I started this blog was because the same time I felt this pull, I also had decided to change my major again, so this blog will hopefully help me get an internship one day!
3. What kind of blogs do you like to read/follow?
I like reading and following all types of blogs! I follow mostly beauty blogs because that's what I love the most. But I've recently started following fashion blogs, and travel blogs! They're both so interesting and I love seeing things form around the world and getting ideas of where to travel and what to wear.
4. What is one thing you would like to improve on your blog/ as a blogger?
I want to convey more of my personality! I'm really quite out there and silly and weird but nobody can see it because I'm stuck behind a computer screen, boo!
7 More random things
1. I really strive to make people feel comfortable, I hate when people feel awkward. I hate feeling awkward, so I go above and Beyond to make the situation/person comfortable for everybody
2. I have the weirdest taste in music. I listen to literally everything. I don't music discriminate.
3. I am really afraid of lady bugs. I hate the way to sprout wings and fly away super fast.
4. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years! <3
5. Recently I've been drinking a lot of water, from my brand new bobble! It has a filter so I feel okay drinking water form anywhere, they're amazing. Everyone should have one! Water is great for your skin :)
6. I LOVE cupcakes. love, love, love.
7. I love Kathy Lee & Hoda.
- What is your favourite scent and taste? Coconut! I love coconut so much!
- Did you make any New Year's resolutions this year, if so what were they and did you stick to them? I did not. I've given up on New Year's resolutions. If I want to change something I have to do it anytime, not just the three months after new years.
- What is your favourite artist/book/film? HARRY POTTER. I am a freak for Harry Potter, not ashamed.
- Do you have a favourite make up brand? If so, what is it. I love MAC, they will always be in my heart.
- Who is your favourite beauty blogger? I don't have a favorite! I follow too many so it's too hard to decide.
- What are your plans for the summer? Travel somewhere hopefully! even if it's only a short ways away.
- Are there any fashion items big right now, that you can't stand? I truly can't stand these like weird sandal wedges. I haven't even bothered to figure out what they're called because they're so freaking ugly.
- If you could live anywhere else in the World, where would it be? Too many place. NY, Paris, London, Rome..the list goes on.
- What five items would you take to a dessert island? Well, if I was on a desert Island I would take my family, and my dog, and my bf lol and we would shove our pockets with food. So we could live. :)
- If you're friends were asked to describe you in three words, what would they be? I have no clue? Funny, Weird, and random? I have no idea actually.
- What do you think makes a good beauty blogger? I think you have to be willing to work hard at it. And realize that success doesn't always come so soon, and you need to be in touch with the people you're writing for.
My Questions for the one about for the people I'm about to nominate would be,
1. Favorite food
2. Favorite luxury beauty product?
3. What is a beauty product you've had your eyes on for awhile?
4. Where do you hope beauty blogging will take you?
5. Is your beauty blog your first blog?
6. What's your favorite piece of makeup to wear when it's sunny out?
7. What is your favorite thing to do with your free time?
8. Do you have any secret obsessions?
9. What is your dream job?
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
11. What is your favorite movie?
Melissa Melissa's Sweet Style
Keisha Golden Touch
Rebecca Rebecca Rachel A
Imah Aziz Exotic Way To Burn
Chelsea Super Purdy
Amanda Geeky Fashionista
Katie Katie's Beauty World
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
SPOILERS FOR GOSSIP GIRL SEASON FINALE!
If you haven't watched it, Don't read any further!!!
Okay, let me start off with saying, who watched Gossip Girl last night? I definitely did. And I wasn't that surprised except for when Lily left Rufus. What a shallow b word. Anyways, onto the Birchbox. I was very happy with my Birchbox this month. In it I received, Arquiste Flor y Canto perfume sample, Caudalie hand and Nail Cream, Fusion Beauty LipFusion Balm, Ojon Damage Reverse Conditioner, and the little note card. Okay I lied, I wasn't that happy. I was just super excited about the lip balm. Because it really actually works. It's a lip plumper that doesn't even tingle and I put it on at night and my lips looked more swollen than plump, but that's because I probably don't need lip plumper. Other than that it was just kind of eh. not bad not to overly exciting. My second favorite of the box was the perfume, but at $165 for a full bottle, I don't think I will be buying that anytime soon. Did you guys like your birchbox's this month? Sign Up For Birchbox Here!
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Thursday, May 3, 2012
These NARS lip gloss pencils are my absolute new fav! Some of them are really light, and natural looking and some of them are really pigmented! I bought this one from the NARs spring collection and it's called Mexican rose. It's a really strong pink color so I've been pairing it with a simple black lined eye. This color really does remind me of the big flowery dresses that traditional Mexican dancers. I will be buying more of these lip gloss pencils because they're perfect for throwing in your purse when you're on the go and you can apply them without needing a mirror! Have you ever tried these before?
FINALLY! I feel like I was seriously do behind on these brushes, like I didn't get the memo, or nobody was home in my brain or something. I don't know how I went so long without these.But what matters is that I have them now. Since I had heard so much about them i didn't even hesitate when I went to ULTA, I bought the basics kit for faces, and eyes, and I bought the blush brush. And I have to say I enjoy literally all of them. My favorite brush is the eyeliner brush. Its small, and purple(bonus) and it's so soft and gives me the straightest liner I've ever gotten with an eyeliner brush. All the brushes are extremely soft, and the all work like a dream. I won't ramble on because I know you've heard a lot about these. But if you haven't gotten these yet, or you haven't gotten on the bandwagon, it's never too late!